Devore O93 vs Super 9s

I am looking at Devore speakers as a replacement for my trusty but dusty Spendor SP1 speakers.  I wonder if anyone has had experience with the O 93s and Super 9s?  I have listened to the 93's several times and find them reminiscent of my Spendors but more dynamic.  They sound great when I hear them, but I find myself less excited about them when I go home.  Perhaps they are too similar to Spendor.  I have only heard the super 9s briefly and wonder if they might be a more exciting option.  I would welcome your  thoughts.
Thanks
MP
mpomerantz
I don't recall what the dealer used recently: I believe it was Shindo preamp with a solid state amplifier ( don't recall the name).  I have a Leben which I have heard matches well with the Devore speakers.

The Audio Note AN-E speakers are quite special.

Take your time and listen to all of the speakers that you might be interested in and as many times as you need.

Home auditions are the best way to actually hear what the speakers will sound like in your home. That is great that you have that option with your dealer.

Although Leben and Shindo are often in the same stores — as you probably know, they have the same distributor — but they have very different house sounds, IMO. I would say Shindo puts a big emphasis on tone color. The sound is vivid and “fleshy”.

I owned the Leben CS600. I would not describe it as sounding “tubey” — in fact, my resident solid state integrated (a Burmester) has a darker, denser sound. You can change the sound of the Leben a little by changing the output impedance and the power tubes (my own preference was KT66), but not by as much as I wanted. I know the Leben has many fans, and it is very well made, but ultimately it wasn’t for me and I sold it. 

I haven’t heard the Super 9s, but I have heard the O/96 and Xs in well-known circumstances. I would say both go further away from the “ Spendor-with-verve” sound to something more extended/ “neutral”. (I agree with fsonic — I actually think the smaller Orangutan is the more cohesive.)

One more question: what speaker cable are you using? The Orangutans love the A23 wire. 
If anybody owns a pair of Devore speakers please come check out this group on Facebook of likeminded people:
the Devore Fidelity crew (speaker fan group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/530024131067085/?ref=share
I own a Leben cs600x w O/93s, A23 cabling, Denafrips Terminator dac.....a superb sounding system.