SS Amp Designer by Reputation

It looks like I'm going to try my first solid state amp soon. Looking for used < $3k. I've seen many brands here like Krell Jeff Roland, Pass, PS Audio, etc. Frankly, I don't have time to read endless reviews or discussion threads and auditioning before I purchase is out of the question.

So, is there a consensus on the top 3 manufacturers/designers that I can focus on when shopping? I will certainly end up selling it and trying something else anywho so, it's not important that I'll nail it on my first try. I just want to make sure my first purchase is close to the bulls eye.

Once I get the three brands, I'll do my research on a particular model from there.

thanx!!
pawlowski6132
Thanx for all the great replies. I'm beginning to get the picture on what some of the most popular brands are.

Also, I may do a little research after all because there are a few brands I haven't heard of yet!

At the end of the day....nothing beats trying it in your own system...so don't let analysis paralysis rule the day....let us know what you decide.
Check out Benchmark AHB2 amp at $3000 new; an incredible buy.
It did wonders for my system.