Rumors of iTunes Demise

It looks like iTunes is going away before too long. I'm sure no one cares and most tech web sites are cheering. I don't care either.

But I do see it as another step towards individuals not owning music at all. 

A lot of folks don't care about that notion either. 

Kind of ironic that this step comes from the very same company that in 1984 rocked the world with their '1984' commercial about breaking the strings that tie us to the Borg-like mainframe.

Now here we are a few decades later clamoring to be utterly dependent on the mainframe in the sky. 
n80
I think a generation, and maybe even a population, is selling its soul for a few beans (how is that for a mixed metaphor?).

Ownership = independence=power=money.

Anyone who tries to take ownership and independence out of the equation is doing so for power and money, both of which are finite resources.

I look forward to the day when a new "Apple" emerges with a radical new concept: ownership and independence from 'the man', 'big brother', 'the machine', 'the juggernaut' or whatever else you wish to call it.

Or in the immortal words of the Little Rascal's Spanky "How are things down in Borneo? Yeah, they're bad every place. You know about technocracy?"
I just looked at new iPods cleeds had mentioned. Is this the first time, call it "finally", that iPod plays FLAC? They did not use to have it for the longest time. When did it change?
djones51
Ive been reading about the demise of iTunes as well which has nothing to do with apple selling or bringing out new ipods
Huh? The iPod simply can't function without iTunes - with the exception of the old iPod Classic, which can run on other software. So iTunes and the iPod are inherently linked. 
@chazro : Nope. The story is about a rumor. You know, those things that might or might not be true.

I think some people are confusing iTunes with Apple Music. 

Two totally different creatures.