An Audiophile is Anyone Who Loves Audio Regardless of Monetary Status. Agree?

One group should not be allowed to monopolize the term above another as their own status symbol. you i and anyone else who likes audio can be considered an audiophile regardless of the size of your bank account. 
vinny55
When I tap my foot, when my wordly troubles disappear, when I am awed at the beauty of music—those are the moments I am after. Some of those moments come each week from life music made with friends, some of those come from listening to my system. 

That said, I waste/invest lots of time reading up on and listening to gear. That’s the part of the hobby which isn’t about the music per se.

If I could eliminate my tinnitus, I would gladly downgrade my system!
Sorry wealthy people if I hurt your feelings. Buy something, you’ll feel better.
Most rich people’s children at best become some sort of ‘artist’ or just follow in daddy’s footsteps...if the daddy cared to buy a proper education for Jr.
Generally by the time you get to the grandchildren of the initial wealthy person you are pretty much at useless citizen level.

brettmcee,

You are mixing things up a bit. You are equaling being a child from a wealthy family with being allowed to do anything or actually buying anything. At the same time, there are many out here who were allowed to do anything and were never told "no" by their parents, regardless of financial status, who are now healthy and productive citizens.
"Sorry wealthy people if I hurt your feelings. Buy something, you’ll feel better."
Not knowing what "wealthy" is for you, your advice to many of us is hard to follow. We already have everything we want.