Best phono player for newbie with good 2 ch system

I'm getting interested in phono but don't want to spend thousands! 

Right now my system consists of:

KEF r900
KEF r400b subs (3x)
Emotiva xpa-1 preamp w/phono
Parasound A21
Cambridge cxn v2 network streamer

What are some good "highish-end" options without breaking the bank? 
dtximages
Remember, you'll need a good way of cleaning your vinyl that should be in your budget.
@dtximages - If you are really going to stick with a budget, name your budget and stick with it. I agree that a new Technics SL1200GR is a great turntable. However, once you get a decent cartridge, you're over $2K. Is that within your budget?

If not, the Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit SB is a pretty nice deck at a little less than $600. It's a complete package including speed control, acrylic platter, a decent cartridge and a phono cable. I have one and enjoyed it right out of the box. I did ultimately upgrade the Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge by replacing the stylus with a 2M Blue stylus. I also replaced the phono cable with an Audio Sensibility Impact SE (cryogenically treated, plus break-in service). So, I've got close to $900 in it and I think it sounds pretty good.  

You can get a less expensive Pro-Ject without some of the upgrades. You could also get a U-Turn. They have been pretty well reviewed, are US made and are really inexpensive. I have not heard the U-Turn.

A used Pro-Ject, from someone who saved the factory packaging, could be a great value. I've seen them down in the $200ish range.

Good Luck. Let us know how it goes......
Pioneer PLX1000 with Nagaoka MP150 will beat the Project.
Forget the Audio Sensibility Impact SE, it's dull sounding.