Are members not leaving feedback anymore?

Joined in 2003.

If I purchase something should I not get positive feedback? I paid, what else is there for a buyer to do on their end?

Is this a case of holding feedback hostage, whereas the seller waits to receive positive feedback first? In the past I noticed "dealers" had a tendancy to do this. Now it's not exclusive to them.

I've purchased 4-5 items in the last 2 years, and havent received a single feedback from any of these "members".

So what happens? I don't leave any feedback either. I don't want to ask for feedback, and I shouldn't have to.

Before Agon with an eBay style businees model, this was a very well respected site –at least it was when I joined.

Is etiquette a thing of the past? Is it a reach to use the term "members" anymore?

128x128highend4me
This is a pet peeve of mine as well, bought a turntable 3 months ago, offered 90% of the buyers asking price which he declined and I moved on, he contacted me at a later date that he was willing to make the deal and I wrapped the deal up with quick payment and left him positive feedback but he never bothered to give me mine and I just figured that he was upset he didn't get his asking price. Bought another table two weeks ago, a brand new VPI Scout in a sealed factory box at a great price, I used the buy it now option and left positive feedback again to which the other party never responded. My two previous transactions I did before these two I had to ask them to leave my feedback, I have 100% positive feedback with close to 100 transactions already so I am just moving on, but thanks to the OP for a chance to vent a little.
I know,it is irritating.I always leave feedback and less than 50% leave any for me.I 've been a member here since 2000 and it didn't used to be that way.