Frequency response + or - 1 dB ??

The technical material world is full of incredible precision - watches as a mundane example. Why can’t the best loudspeaker manufacturers create a loudspeaker with + or -  1/2 dB frequency response within the rather limited 20 to say 30,000 cps range? 
ptss
Why is it hard to get flat frequency response, on axis, in an anechoic chamber? What is it about the drivers that needs “technical” improvement? We’ve put men on the moon, extreme precision required; what’s the big deal with loudspeakers. With the amounts charged for the “spensive” models — I expect better; more accuracy. 
My question is simple.
Why is it obviously technically difficult for speaker designers to provide precisely level frequency response. @kenjit. I accept some listeners want to adjust the sound for different recordings. Old fashioned tone controls and modern equalizers provide that.
Duke answered your question above.
How about because human ears are nowhere near as sensitive to amplitude as they are tone.
This is true and I find it amusing that in amplifiers the constant voltage characteristic is considered so important, when in the end, the ear actually places a greater value on the tonality caused by distortion than it does on tonality created by actual FR errors. Clearly a constant voltage characteristic (double power as impedance is halved) isn't that important in the overall scheme of things- but getting the distortion signature right is. That is why the tubes/transistors debate rages on ad nauseam. 

Sorry to have to disagree Atmasphere. I was hoping it might be folks with your technical acumen that might provide real insight | 
Sorry to have to disagree Atmasphere. I was hoping it might be folks with your technical acumen that might provide real insight |
Well as you saw, Duke did it- so it can be done and isn't that crazy difficult. Just turns out that isn't how you want to do it. What sort of insight beyond that are you looking for?
Post removed