Speakers under $50k that rival $200k+ speakers?

Curious if there are any used or new (less likely) speakers out there that rival flagship speakers like Focal Grande Utopia, Rockport Lyra, Marten Coltrane Supreme 2, Magico M6, Raidho TD 4.2 or D4.8 etc?

I'll throw out a contender. If you look on ebay and the used market you can sometimes find a Von Schwekert VR 10 for around $18k CAD and from what I heard it can rival many TOTL speakers like the Grande Utopia. Do you guys have any thoughts?
smodtactical
I don't think the hypothesis really exists because even with Maggies, amp budget is huge (think 50k+ for SOTA) and requires subs which are hard to integrate. Apples and oranges.

Here’s a winner for you :)
JBL DD 6700. 
You will be amazed at sound from a relatively innocuous pair of speakers with great WAF compared to many you mention :)  Easy to drive. Great dynamics. Crystal clear as there is no crossover in the frequencies above bass and up to 20,000. Often available within your price goal. 
@keithr

High end vs. SOTA is an argument but you can have great performance and it not have to cost a fortune. I have two Benchmark AHB2 amps arranged in a vertical bi-amp configuration on my Maggies (200watts per speaker at 4ohms). They are stable down to 2 ohms and can drive them louder than I care to listen effortlessly. They are crystal clear and have almost no THD, are quieter than most pre-amps, and have an incredible dynamic range approaching 128db as measured by Stereophile. They are new at $3k and you’ll rarely fine one used because people love them.

Thanks,
Steve

jtgofish
258 posts
The Yamaha NS 5000s are probably as good as anything regardless of price.Certainly in terms of sounding real and natural.Other far more expensive speakers might sound more impressive and more "hi 
fi" but I doubt they are better.

Heard the NS5000 today at a show and I have to say I 100% agree. These speakers sounded simply incredible. So live and real sounding with one of the biggest widest soundstages I've ever heard. All this from bookshelves... wow.