Lumin D2

Hello looking for a little input from current Lumin streamer owners. I was able to demo this streamer from my local dealer, and have been using it for well over a week now. The sound quality far surpasses my current setup of a Bluesound node with a Hegel HD12 DAC utilizing optical connection. But that's were the honeymoon ends! I downloaded the Android app to my phone and found app to be not very user friendly I cannot pause tracks, add entire playlists or albums, and cannot pull a song from Tidal to add to a playlist. I need to go to my Tidal app do add a track then go through the Lumin app to be able to play the track.

I guess what I am trying to find out if I used a iPad will I then be able to do all the functions l am currently used to using my phone and the Bluesound app. I sent a request to Lumin support three days ago and have yet to hear back from them. I don't currently own a iPad and I would get one if I knew it would make it operate similar to the Bluesound app. 
Thanks
Mark
markum01
I bought a Lumin D2 last week from Audio Doctor based partially on this and other threads and just talking to Dave, who was very helpful. I can’t really express how much I love this unit, it sounds amazing in my minimalist system, which now consists of:
Lumin D2 (running Tidal)
Clones Audio 25IRH
Harbeth C7es3
REL T5i 

Was using a very well regarded NOS dac fed by an sms200 and the Lumin was definitely a step or 2 up. More everything - more detail, more overtones, more richness, more space, deeper bass with more weight and articulation and better timing. Been enjoying the Lumin app so far as I get to know it better. Way better than the mconnect I was using. Dave gave me a nice deal on a demo unit with the possibility of trading up to the T2 at some point as well. Super happy with this unit so I imagine the T2 must be pretty amazing, although must be a different flavor with the ESS dac vs Wolfson.
Thank you Clarinetmonster, enjoy your D2, it was a pleasure working with you. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Lumin dealers
Aberyclark,

You will be blown away by the T2 it is one of the best sounding digital devices at its price point. 

The sound is absolutely stunning and the app works like magic.

Add in airplay, great build quality, every major streaming source you could want and you can see why we endorse the Lumin products so highly.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Lumin dealers
Fwiw
The Lumin app for Android has at last been successfully updated to the point where it is comparable in function to the Apple version.

Hurrah!