Looking for Room Measurement / Speaker Setup Software

I’ve gotten to the point where I am happy with the equipment I have (PS Audio Digital / VPI Super Scoutmaster Reference, NAT Preamp, Maker Audio Amp, Hansen Prince speakers), but I know the speakers could be better optimized. The setup is in a crappy room (too open, with a big couch) but it still sounds really good. Not great though.

Can anyone recommend software / hardware that I can by to measure frequency response at my listening position that I can use to adjust speaker placement? If I need separate hardware above & beyond my laptop that’s fine, though obviously something that works with the laptop’s hardware is more economical. I’m guessing we’re talking a good USB mic and some software but I have no idea what to get.

Thanks!

Ian     Palm Beach County, Florida
ihmeyers
Jim Smith's book Get Better Sound is very helpful for getting the speakers and listening seat positions correct.
The problem I have with phone or tablet-based applications is that the quality of the mic is unknown and therefore deficiencies in the frequency response of the mic are not accounted for in the measurement. Do your speakers have a big droop at 7 kHz or does the mic in your phone??

In REW using UMIK-1, the quality is known and a specific calibration file for the mic is accounted for in the software and, therefore, the measurement results.

I use and recommend REW.