UPGRADE FROM VPI SCOUTMASTER

Is the vpi prime a significant upgrade from the Scoutmaster.
digital3
What is with the vpi bashing? I owned a prime scout and now a prime signature. Both tables are incredible value for the price, but more importantly they sound amazing. I was an lp12 user for the last twenty years and when that died my daughter and I went on an almost four year journey. Listening to Brinkman, well tempered, clearaudio and technics tables. The prototype of the vpi prime scout that we listened to which was less than half the price of some others we listened to stood out. We used it for a year and upgraded to the prime signature which gave us some more but the law of diminishing returns always apolies. This is the last table anyone needs. I like the unipivot. I am an engineer by profession and like what it does. No album is perfect from a flat surface or how the grooves are cut. The 2 side weights on the unipivot rock back and forth on some less than perfect records. I always wonder if that was a fixed bearing how much stress and twist that creates for the cantilever thereby straining the suspension and innards of the cartridge. Additionally with a fixed bearing when the cantilever twists how it might cause the stylus to damage the sidewall of the record groove. Finally the tonearm bearing would eventually loosen from the stress.

Mat at vpi has some solid engineers behind him that are veterans of the industry like Mike Bettinger. The new prime line are engineering marvels.

This is not only my opinion but those of many happy users like myself that are seasoned audiophiles for decades. Look at some of the reviews. 

It is maddening when people just trash a brand with no research or proof behind it just that they might have had an issue at one time it another. Vpi is second to none in customer care,dont care what industry you are in vpi should be used as the model. In the end its your ears and wallet that should prevail. 
I just noticed the OP was a month ago. A one-liner. The OP didn’t even bother to use a question mark. He hasn’t posted since. And his name is digital.

Well, digital3. I guess digitalTroll was taken.
@soundwatts perhaps your reading comprehension is not the best. Your writing skills are not so hot either. I didn't have "and issue or two". I lived with multiple VPI unipivots for almost ten years. You went from one fiddly table-the LP12-to another. Have you ever lived with a deck that had a top tonearm like a Graham, Reed, Moerch, or SME? Once you have, you see how crude the VPI unipivots are by comparison. Yes, for the money they are very very good-unipivots afford a means of providing minimal friction/stiction at low cost. 
You are an engineer and yet your total conjecture is laughable;
I always wonder if that was a fixed bearing how much stress and twist that creates for the cantilever thereby straining the suspension and innards of the cartridge. 
Oh yeah, those "innards"! Is that an engineering term? 
I must say that Mat is a gentleman of the rarest order. His response causes me to think very highly of VPI and I myself would love to have the HW-40. But I have about the price of two HW-40's invested in my TD124 and Garrard 301 so I am simply not in the market for another deck. 
If anyone has an issue with the "wiggle" of the unipivot on a VPI arm...for 150 you can install the 2nd pivot which eliminates the wiggle, and provides better sound for the arm.  Highly recommended.
And of course there’s no reason one cannot mount any arm one prefers on any VPI table if he or she so chooses. I don’t know, I still like my HW-19 Mk.3, and now an Aries 1. Great values used (the only way you can buy them, of course). I anxiously await the next iteration of the Townshend Rock, an Elite Mk.2 version of which remains the center of my LP playing system.