what would you do?

I have a small room with Revel f208 in them. The speaker seem too big for the room and I have an offer of 2 Grand to sell them. Does anyone have experience with small room speakers that would be equal to or better than the Revel f208 at that price point? Or, at that sale price, just keep until I have a larger room.
( I also currently have some old acoustic energy Aegis 3 Towers that I could use in the small room until I figure out how to improve the system) Thanks. 
The other sources are solid-state integrated and streaming plus computer server.
128x128labguy
Post removed 
 too much bass that even with boundary settings can't be adjusted the way my buddy can adjust the output of his sub and bookshelfs for his Listening Room. My room just gets boom and then with the boundary settings it seems that the mid-range is overly present it's not equally rich and full and sound. And it may sound weird to some of you but a certain part of the speaker seem so clinical and revealing that I feel as though some musicality has been lost. Problem is I just don't know how I can better the sound of a revel f208 at a price of 2250. They are pristine condition by the way.
In my small room I put GIK Acoustics sound panels (total cost $750) and it tamed the bass and other things to now sound excellent. My speakers at the moment are small monitors. However, I believe a small floor stander will also sound good now in the room. Take a look at my virtual system for the placement of the panels.

Now if panels are not feasible for your aesthetics then something like the following preamp will solve your sound problems.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9ea13-anthem-str-preamplifier-dac-solid-state

I am looking to buy the above piece if the floor stander I get into my treated room is still too big for the room. I am 100% confident that either 1 or a combination of both solutions will work for me.

@labguy,
What is your room size? And same questions like elizabeth asked. The 208 are front ported. So bass can be tamed using corner treatments. And why did you go with the 208s if your room was smaller? Why did you not pose the question on this form before making that decision (maybe because your had a bigger room before?). But $2k is not a price I would accept. These are nice speakers. Provide details on your room - like size, placement constraints, what you like/don't like, etc.
YyzSantaBarbara,
 so funny you suggested Sound Treatment panels as well as the Str integrated by anthem. Those were both a thought of mine, that I didn't mention here because I wasn't sure I wanted to throw more money at the problem, and possibly not like the solution that I achieved. I may need to bite the bullet and just keep going bigger and better.