Am I considered to be a materialistic person?

I just love my equipment and records and sometimes can't wait to come home from work and play.....I don't think i could be truly happy without all this stuff! Does this necessarily make me a materialistic person of sorts? Do others feel the same way towards their gear and assorted media collections? My wife thinks i'm obsessed and does not see the point of all this lol. 
128x128audioguy85
Think materialism is part of human nature. Archaeologists have dug up ancient graves  and found Og buried with favorite spears and trophy saber tooth tiger teeth, jewelry, medicine pouches etc. Regardless of what level we suffer from. Even homeless people pack it around in shopping carts.
Thank you all for the overwhelming responses!! I think I feel better now about my obsession with my equipment and music! I kinda look upon it all as my mistress....lol. ugh If the wife only knew what I really spent on this stuff over the years...aye yi yi....oops I gotta go, Nancy Sinatra is in the room 😁
I do tell her, but I fib a bit on what was paid out...I have toned it down of late, as I am pretty happy with what I got. I also keep telling her, honey I swear that is the last resord I’m buying....I’m such a liar lol.
Strictly looking at it, yes you are materialistic. And doesn’t matter what you tell or don’t to her.
“Obsession with my equipment" is enough to answer your question. No need for endless tries to convince yourself or others about the contrary.
Finally a serious topic, not the shabby ss vs tubes.