All the old issues of Stereo Review are online!!

And available here:   https://www.americanradiohistory.com/HiFI-Stereo-Review.htm

The infamous Clark amplifier test is January, 1987, if anyone wants to re-live that.  I remember reading that when it came out (I was just out of college, but, having worked at an audio shop when I was 14, was already well into the hobby).  That was when I began to be aware of how I might be suckered by appearances.

Lots of things to love or hate, but oh, the advertisements!
ahofer
@dweller …………………...

Stereo Review did a review of Thick As A Brick by Jethro Tull back in1972  It was the Recording of the Month, and the reviewer was gushing over the numerous time changes in the song, etc.
@stereo5 - Thick as a Brick and Passion Play are mind boggling simply because of the complexity of the music which was played from memory (no sheet music)! Another reviewer said something like "Duane and Gregg Allman, mostly known as ace session musicians, have put together a nice little band" (i.e., The Allman Brothers). One reviewer did like King Crimson's "In the Court of the Crimson King" LP calling it "Awesome". BTW, To find the pop music section, scroll down a few pages to the index and look for "Entertainment" then plug in page number in upper left corner and press "enter".
I love those old ads also:)I remember going to shops looking for and listening to components that Mr. Hirsch recommended.And how many times I came away confused from the experience.What in the world was he hearing that I wasn't?Then I became older and wiser,lol!
I have you ever seen a pic of Hirsch's "lab"? A barely converted garage, with a work bench and measuring tools all over the place. That was his listening room! His approach to hi-fi was through his eyes, not his ears. Music was nothing more than a test signal.