Spectron Audio Out Of Business?

Hi All,

Has anyone had any contact with Spectron Audio over the last few months? I have an amp of theirs that needs repair and it seems they do not answer emails or either of their phones. You can’t even leave a phone message.

Can anyone out there suggest a technician in Los Angeles who might be able to repair a Spectron Musician amp?

Thanks.
128x128brettmcee
No sir. Wish someone associated with business or the former ownership would take some care or interest in these excellent creations.
Hello,
Three shops that I have sent one of my Spectrons to are unable to carry out repairs on the power modules.
It is now believed that the large black custom IC is defected.
There is no info printed on this component and none of the techs knows what it is, apart from hand written sharpie numbers  470 and 465kc / Nat 33c and 464kc, these must be Spectrons coding.
A fellow tech at work replaced all 3 Wima caps and the 2 power mos fets and still no go, he also thinks that the unknown black IC is at fault.
I am really hoping that we get lucky and some ex-Spectron tech find this forum who may be able to help us.
I wonder what has become Spectron's inventory of spare parts, tools, testing equipment etc?
Both of Mr Manh's numbers are disconnected and emails bounce back.
The amps were assembled in CA so there must be several ex-employees around.

@celander  trying to get my ExactPower recapped and fixed for 4 months now by a member i found here that's an alleged expert. 4 F'in months and I am still waiting. 

do you think Deltronics can recap w/ larger caps (over 1000uF)?

i need to get my unit back from this shyster and send it to a legit repair shop. 
I wonder what has become Spectron's inventory of spare parts, tools, testing equipment etc?

Their site's still up and working.
http://www.spectronaudio.com/contact.htm

Cheers George