My experience adding subwoofers to 2 channel

My Kappa 9 speakers are rated to 29hz and they sound pretty good in my 18x24 room...powered by McIntosh mc1.25 amps...l was looking for another layer of bass to enhance the sound..my first experiment l took my SVS pb16 ultras from my theater room and tried them first...it sounded terrible,didn't blend well..couldn't hear a difference until you turned in up then it rattled the room apart........my final experiment worked..l used 4 Velodyne minivee subwoofers(1000 watt rms class D sealed 8 in.) and after hours of calibration l hit it......lve got the bass response that exeeded my expectations. ....l should have done this along time ago....can anybody tell me of another subwoofer that may work even better?
128x128vinnydabully
All the Phase Control on the Rythmik plate amps is, is a delay circuit; it achieves the same end as physically moving the sub enclosure to a different location. 1ms (the control has millisecond markings) equals roughly 1’. The control can of course only move time in one direction, into the future. ;-)
Vinnydabully,

i wonder what you do to be able to afford speakers costing $109,000.  Are they really worth the money.
I have bern right around Audio as a Audiophile over 35 years and Audiostore
owner until 08 . Have owned every major brand subwoofer in the past 3 years .
without question the best subwoofer with the most technologies by a customer untrue mile trickle down technologies from their flagship SVS ultra-16
is the Hot New SB 3000,13 inch sub Loaded with anything  no it does not has Bass EQ, but potentially much better , great app, powerful amp he only split voice technology in the world and makes a big difference at low volumes,not boom ,the center is smalller , for at low volume levels, as you crank it up,
it then uses the outer portion  50 MHz,52 bit Analog devises processor 
Nobody else has this high tech built into a under $2k sub ,at $995
i could not find better at 2x that it is that good. And I will probably buy a second sub ,for 2 good subs are always better then one to balance the room out .
even with one sub this Sb 3000sub is far moretunefull then any rel, $1500 JL audio I sold, rythmik,Velodyne, Syzgy,just go to utube, and see all the great reviews 
it is has been  out only 6months and is  the best under $2k sub on the market .
real tuneful articulate bass. It even has a 3 band parametric eq .
if you buy a usb Mike, Free REW Room wizardfree  Room software you can totally Taylor your room exactly to your preference with a little time and experience . Just check it out , who else will give you free shipping , a 45days
audition and they will pay for the return, and a full 5 years parts and labor.
that is truly having confidence in their product . The $3500 JL fathom ,ar$3500
was the only sub to be neck and neck with the $1995 SVS Ultra 16, the 
New baby brother SB-3000 has -0 competition ,even their 4000 model does not have the latest technologies , just bigger amp slightly bigger driver.
this 15 x17 sub with 13 inch driver is without peers . My brother has 2 SVS ultra 16 and he even agreed this sounds like a smaller  brother.
just check it out  Fantastic !!

bdp24:

"The plate amps in the Rythmik subs provide all the controls mentioned by @Noble100: volume, phase (180 degrees via a continuously-variable rotary knob), x/o frequency (40-120Hz) and slope (2nd/4th order), plus damping, a rumble filter, one band of PEQ, and both line level (RCA jacks) and speaker level (binding posts) hook-up. There is no reason four of them cannot be implemented as a swarm. You will however need four AC outlets. ;-)"

Hello bdp24,
     When did I state that you can't use four Rythmik subs in a swarm type (4-sub distributed bass array) system?   
     The answer is I didn't.  You can use any 4 self amplified subs you'd like to create a custom DBA system.  
     What I stated is that, if you choose to use 4 self amplified subs (like the Rythmik) to create a custom DBA rather than an Audio Kinesis Swarm or Debra complete kit DBA (which consists of 4 passive subs and a separate amp/control unit to power and configure all 4 subs as a group), then the setting of the volume, xover frequency and phase controls will need to be done individually for each sub rather than all at once as a 4 sub group on the AK sub amp/control unit.  
     My intent being only to inform readers of this fact so they can make an informed decision on whether to choose between a custom DBA system using 4 self amplified subs and a complete custom or AK DBA system using 4 passive (unamplified) subs.  
     In fact, I believe using 4 self amplified subs, like the Rythmic with individual volume/xover/phase controls, does offer more configuration flexibility than setting all these controls for all 4 passive subs as a group on a sub amplifier/control unit.  It's just that it complicates DBA configuration, requires more time and is an individual choice best made with full knowledge.
     The key to the DBA concept working so amazingly well is the use of at least 4 properly positioned subs, the fact that it works extremely well with  a wide variety of sub types, sizes and quality just demonstrates the validity and flexibility of the DBA concept.

Tim
larry5729

Were u talking to Vinny or Me Larry?

I posted the theater link where we have the Wilson Alexx speakers.  But no price. They are $109 K/pair. Except the link lead to the page that priced out the system.  
My boss and former roomate from school owns the showroom, and yes, the Wilson Alexx speakers are certainly worth every penny for the sound.

If someone has the money, and can also have a dedicated, full blown treated room as good as the custom listening room that Robert Harley shared in an article in an issue or two ago, then yes you can totally hear it.  It is really enjoyable to just have folks come in for a demo in all 3 listening rooms, saving the "Transporter" room for last.

I enjoy MartinLogan ESL's (2500/pr) , I enjoy PSB Imagine B speakes (1300/pair), I have MartinLogan Motion 2's in my office with a REL T5i, which sounds great.  You just shift gears when you listen to a pair of Wilson Alexx with D'Agostino Progression mono blocs.

I love listening to Vinyl in there, and then comparing it it to streaming from Tidal, using Roon, thru the Vivaldi DAC and dCS Network Bridge. Usually the Vinyl has greater detail (Brinkmann Bardo turntable w Audio Research Phono 3 preamp), but many times a solid MQA Master recording gives the Vinyl a run for it's money, almost :) 

http://audibleimagesav.com/the-transporter/