How to remove Sorbothane feet stacking marks.

So over the years I’ve tried rubbing alcohol, lighter fluid, along with glass cleaners. They all minimize the marks to some degree, but still leave a shadow of evidence that something was stacked atop a piece of gear. Sorbothane is nasty and leaves like a oily mark which almost seems like it’s penetrated below the paint, powder coat, or anodized surface.

Eureka as I just discovered treating oil with oil works!

A drop of Mineral Oil on each Sorbothane mark rubbed in a circular motion and then left to sit for an hour works. You wipe off the access oil with a paper towel and then fully de-grease the area with Windex.

Once finished the Sorbothane mark is completely gone with no shadowing.

So now that piece of as new condition gear you had to list at less than mint due to these marks once is again truly perfect :)
audiobugged
Some marks cannot be removed. Could there be actual bonding of atoms? Who knows? Sorry to bring bad tidings. But the good Gnus 🐂 🐂 🐂 is that the Sorbothane itself was removed. One of the biggest scans ever perpetrated on gullible newbies. Sorbothane isn’t even very good as a running shoe insole, if you ask me.