Looking for Room Measurement / Speaker Setup Software

I’ve gotten to the point where I am happy with the equipment I have (PS Audio Digital / VPI Super Scoutmaster Reference, NAT Preamp, Maker Audio Amp, Hansen Prince speakers), but I know the speakers could be better optimized. The setup is in a crappy room (too open, with a big couch) but it still sounds really good. Not great though.

Can anyone recommend software / hardware that I can by to measure frequency response at my listening position that I can use to adjust speaker placement? If I need separate hardware above & beyond my laptop that’s fine, though obviously something that works with the laptop’s hardware is more economical. I’m guessing we’re talking a good USB mic and some software but I have no idea what to get.

Thanks!

Ian     Palm Beach County, Florida
ihmeyers
Thanks.  The mic I get, what am I connecting the RCA cables to?  I assumed the software will read the levels/freq data the mic 'hears' and generate a graph of room response.
I am going to order this.

Ian
Ian is a newbie to this, which is why I recommended OmniMic, it's a lot easier to use and get data from. :)

REW will work and has a big support forum, but it was also more complicated. Ian, you should go check out the Room EQ Wizard pages and forums, they'll answer all of your questions in detail.

Best,

E
What exactly are you trying to achieve with room frequency response measurements?
So you probably won't be interested in a preamp with built in room correction.

I'm thinking anything from an Antinode to Anthem. Those would probably be great help.  If that's true, would you be willing to use a digital EQ before your DAC?

Best,
E