Why more bass subwoofer into power conditioner

Hi,

I have plugged my REL 5/SHO directly into 20A wall outlet that is dedicated line.

As an experiment plugged the subwoofers power cable today into a balanced power conditioner Torus RM20 rather than directly to the outlet.

I was surprised to hear more bass.  The bass was same excellent tight bass.

I am surprised because would have thought directly into wall dedicated line would provide more bass.  Is it because the torus itself is 20A powered.

Previously I had plugged the subwoofer power cable into a non balanced non 20A powered power conditioner and found less power than directly into the wall...I expected this result ...

The difference is not dramatic but rather modest nonetheless puzzling as the REL stock power cords are merely 15A.
128x128karmapolice
I have found the same to be true of the gear I plug into my balanced power conditioner from BPT.  More bass.  This is consistently the case as I change gear and the years go by with my BPT. 
Worth looking at the incoming and outgoing voltage.  Sometimes the transformer windings are designed to up the outgoing voltage a little. Usually a good thing.

OTOH, digital power supplies are usually pretty tightly regulated.