Shocked removed spikes, used blue tack, what other non spike footer

My floor standing speakers, monitor stands always came with spikes so I used them always, it's the way they were designed at least I thought. I know everyone can't do this because of there floor type, mine is hardwood over concrete slab. Bass, more natural tone( I'm a tone junkie)  gives the music a nice rhythm, may just be flavor of month but I'm really enjoying it. Highs maybe little rolled off, I just did it yesterday, maybe not as hifi, but no lose of information. Have other people experienced this.Can someone with my floor type suggest a nice reasonable priced non spiked footer, these are floorstander filled with shot so pretty heavy,maybe 70- 80 lb. thanks

paulcreed
cheeg I've used spikes on carpet in the past and didn't care for the change in sound.Seemed thinner somehow.Just personal preference.All speaker cabinets resonate some, so each of us have to try things until the resonance becomes pleasing rather than irritating:) 
I have Vandersteen 5A’s that come with spikes. I heard that Herbe’s was a step in the right direction....got 6 to isolate the speakers from my stone floor.....sent them back....wrong direction. You have to try any adjustment to hear their effects.
Post removed 
if you read Jim Smith's book or watch the video, he doesn't like spikes. He says they lean the speaker out. 
Post removed