Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary

These are fun speakers.  They are musical and smooth. An absolute pleasure to hear with tubes.

I cannot believe how well made they are at this price point.  I'd like to wheel in a pair of Harbeths or Spendors (classic type) to have a shootout.  The stands are well executed.  Everything feels substantial and high end.  Color me impressed.  

128x128jbhiller
That’s cool!  I’m honored but want to be careful not to understate or overstate anything. 

Im going to listen tonight.  I’m going to give them a few hundred hours of listening to see what opinions and thoughts develop. Initially I think they are a fantastic deal.  
Anyone in or near Chicagoland and want to test drive them?  Happy to meet fellow music lovers. 
@jbhiller
Are you saying the Lintons have more bass than the Klipsch Forte III?

I heard both extensively at AXPONA a few weeks ago and the Lintons has absolutely no bass or warmth, they were all midrange and sounded lo-fi and awful IMHO. The ForteIII sounded huge and full range and were one of my favorites. They could rock the house down.
No disrespect or offense but I simply cannot understand how you could come to such a conclusion.
@big_katydid 
yes they look exactly like my former Harbeth C7ES3,  But that is where the similarities end.  
avanti1960, No, I’m not saying that the Lintons have more bass than the Klipsch Forte III. What I said was the bass in the Linton was more "prominent". To be more precise, I’ll be very explicit. I think the Forte III is more even across the spectrum and the Linton has some mid bass boost--not a ton but it’s there in my room.

Now, here’s the deal. I’m not familiar with the Quad amp they ran the Lintons with at AXPONA. But what I can tell you is this--there is bass and warmth. It could be that my tube amps have more bass than my solid state amps. I know that sounds nuts to folks but it’s true. Bass is about bandwidth and large power supplies.

The other issue may be (other than differences in our ears) is differences in room and positioning.

I don’t take offense at all. Come on over. I have plenty of junk to play and kit to compare them to. Maybe they’ll break in further and they will sound different (more midrangey as you heard them).