I want a streamer

I want a music streamer, don't need a dac. Suggestions please! 
zardozmike
Bluesound Node2i great for internet streaming and fantastic with Roon setup on your computer or NAS to stream all your flac or DSD files. I use a Qnap TVS series NAS which runs Roon easily, it also runs Plex which catalogues and trans-codes all my video library.
There is a streamer for every budget. You may also decide what you want that streamer to do. Do you want it to be a Roon core or a Roon endpoint? Maybe you don’t care about Roon at all. What about High Res or MQA? Can you control it via an app? What’s the app like? Do you need to buy it new or is it available on the secondary market?
Having said all that, on the low end is a Sonos Connect. Up from there is a BluSound Node 2i. I have both. The Node 2i is definitely better to me than the Sonos. But they are both Roon endpoints, which is important to me because I eventually want to subscribe to Roon. 

But you need a Roon core. There are other choices of streamers that also serve as Roon cores. There is of course, the Roon Nucleus or Nucleus+, Innuos Zen, Zenith and Statement unit’s, Wolf and others. 

So figure out what you want your streamer to do, what capabilities it should have, and what price range you want to be in. 
Post removed