Can anyone hear the difference when you add REL subwoofers when playing two channel

I wonder if anyone else has had problems hearing a difference when adding REL subwoofers to their two channel systems?  I have gone back to a reputable dealer in town to listen to a pair of Vienna Acoustic Mozart's paired with a REL S3 and I couldn't detect a difference when they added and subtracted the REL.  I wonder if this was because the Vienna Acoustic Mozart's are already can extend down to 30 Hz.  I have also read reviews on the Mozart's and they said one of their criticisms was they felt the Mozart's to be too boomy in the bass.  

The dealer keeps telling me I am expecting to hear a more punchy pounding bass sound and that is not what I should be listening to.  He keeps saying I should be listening for greater depth and space to create a larger sound stage.  He went on to say if I had a subwoofer that delivered too much bass, they would eventually drive me out of the room and spoil my enjoyment of listening to music.  I thought I had sensitive ears to sound, but in this case I wonder if I am tone deaf.  My fear is getting a pair of T/9i's in my home and my wife telling me I wasted our money because she could not hear a difference. 

There must be a reason why so many dealers have told me their first pick would be a REL because they are so musical.

I also question why REL manufactures their subs with such low wattage?  For example, their S3 delivers only 400 watts and their T/9i's deliver just 300 watts.  When comparing them to  subwoofers like JL, which deliver 750 watts to $1500 watts, maybe REL subwoofers are just too wimpy.
128x128larry5729
Larry, 
Speakon is simply another method of speaker or high level cable termination typically found in pro audio applications. REL uses a Speakon connection at the subwoofer end only.
Servo driver control is a monitoring technology that decreases distortion in long excursion drivers. 

Introducing any basic subwoofer/s into your room/system is far from impossible and should add a welcome dimension to the presentation. It can be challenging which is why many hobbyist and reviewers have had negative experiences over the years. The acceptance and ease of signal processed units by these same people has been game changer. 

JL Audio markets the basic E series and DSP equipped F series subwoofers which they're famous for. Their differences are substantial. 

lalitk,
["I picked out REL for bass quality and their seamless integration"]
I'm interested as to what and how you compared your final choice to?
The owner of an $8900. REL Studio III we compared sold his the very next week despite our efforts using four different methods of setup. 
i added a q150 to my revel f30s, which extend pretty low, but needed some more fullness and dynamism, esp. in the midbass region. i found the rel very easy to integrate and a significant improvement.
R E L
Don't overthink it!
The Speakon connection makes a huge difference alone plus they are designed to augment music...not HT
dave_b2,433 posts05-06-2019 7:08amR E L
Don't overthink it!
The Speakon connection makes a huge difference alone plus they are designed to augment music...not HT
I've experienced the affects of cable differences in my systems but I'm at a loss here. After my experience with a REL sub I don't mean to challenge your statement, rather to understand your experience.
Could you explain how a cable with a Speakon termination at one end and bare wire termination at the other end makes a difference let alone a huge difference with music (two channel?) but not home theater?
Referencing the HL amp connection.  Tracks amp output identical to mains.  Many use RCA OR XLR LL connections.  Never use speaker / sub crossovers on subwoofer...gah!  It’s slick, musical and can go wirelessly.  REL emphasis has always been on 2 channel audio and musical support, not sound effects.