Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary

These are fun speakers.  They are musical and smooth. An absolute pleasure to hear with tubes.

I cannot believe how well made they are at this price point.  I'd like to wheel in a pair of Harbeths or Spendors (classic type) to have a shootout.  The stands are well executed.  Everything feels substantial and high end.  Color me impressed.  

128x128jbhiller
I heard them at axpona (told they were to be available May, and indeed they are!) and found at least for the two tracks played that they were very engaging and yes, fun. I found myself enjoying what I heard and one of those cases where you wonder if you ever need spend more than $1500 if what you have in front of you seems so perfectly adequate. I would need to hear them in my room etc., etc. as what I can ascertain from a show listening is pretty coarse and I feel is dictated more by the recording and my mood at the moment. Axponas price ranges on demo reminded me that great sound is available for surprisingly modest budgets.
I agree. I,too, heard them at Axpona. 

At the show they were fed by an all in one Quad lifestyle integrated, modestly priced. Wharfedale told me they wanted to show off what they could do with reasonably priced equipment. MoFi/Music Direct (the US Distributer that sponsored the room) could’ve given Wharfedale a Luxman, McInstosh or other more premium amp. 
@big_katydid, like you I wondered the same thing—all my current speakers cost more than double to triple the cost of the Lintons.  And now with the Lintons in the system they are sounding just as good. 

@jbhiller  I found the sound of the linton to be accessible for want of a better term, at least for those recordings, one thing I'd have to check for on any relisten was any fatigue, I didn't notice anything unpleasant at the time. They are a lot of box for the money, a touch bigger than the speaker they look like (at least with grill on) the Harbeth compact 7!

It would be great if somebody can compare the Linton to Denton 80th, which sound classic across wide spectrum and music genre, just worry the Linton sound too shrill or too lush?