Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary

These are fun speakers.  They are musical and smooth. An absolute pleasure to hear with tubes.

I cannot believe how well made they are at this price point.  I'd like to wheel in a pair of Harbeths or Spendors (classic type) to have a shootout.  The stands are well executed.  Everything feels substantial and high end.  Color me impressed.  

128x128jbhiller
Hi jbhiller,
    How long have you had these? What gear are you driving these with,and how big is your room?
     Thanks in advance,
               Ray
I see they are listed at $1,498 at MusicDirect.  Does that price include stands?  I have the Denton 80th Anniversaries in a second system paired with a Cary SLI-80.  I do like the sound although these may pair even better with their 90dB sensitivity (compared to 86dB on the Dentons).  I see the minimal impedance is 3.5 ohms - a bit lower than optimal with a medium-level output tube amp.

Yes, I'd like to know what you're driving yours with as well.  Thanks for the heads up on these.  I was unaware of them.
Wharferdales usually benefit hugely from cap upgrades. Their tweeters are unusually excellent but cheap caps hold them back.

If you buy them, worth opening them up for a look. :)
Thank you jbhiller - you are the first linton 85 owner to tell your impressions.  You should get a prize for that.
About sensitivity, it is given as 90db at 2v at 1m vs denton 86db at 1w/1m....

Do you feel that they need robust amplification?
Great questions and points.  

I've had them for a few days only.  I plugged them into my 300B amp first, knowing that they would be underpowered; the 300B was already hooked up.  The 300B wasn't great at driving them.  Sounded fine, but I knew they needed more juice.  I popped in my Primaluna Dialogue HP integrated.  Plenty of power for the Lintons--even in triode mode in my sizable room (24' x 15' x 10 high).

My front end is either a Technics 1200 GAE fed by a Manley Chinook phono pre or its Tidal -> Bluesound Node -> Doge DAC.  

The stands are included for $1500.  I'd be shocked if someone wasn't impressed by the build quality.  Fit and finish is top notch.  

I thought they would be stretched out Dentons, but they are much bigger.  

I just had to try these and I'm glad I did.