Worth the wait? Buchardt S400's

Hi Everyone,
I have the S400's on preorder and have been waiting for a while. In the meantime I upgraded mu amp from a Parasound to Krell Digital Vanguard, driving my Vandersteen 2ces. The Krell has opened up the sound of my Vandys and I wonder now if I should just cancel my order and invest in better speaker cables and interconnects, etc? 
Anyone own the Buchardts?
128x128audiosaurusrex
Thanks smdesforges,
curious what does your system consist of?
My hesitation comes down to my Vandersteen’s and whether I want to keep such big speakers. I love the look of the s400s and I ordered them in white. What stands are you using for them?
I have a modest but enjoyable system.  I stream Tidal from a Bluesound Node 2i to a Rotel RA-1572 integrated amp via Toslink.  The S400s are on Pangea Audio DS400 stands.  
Vocals being muddy is a general side effect of wide dispersion, if you want clear vocals that cut through everything you want a speaker that has a rise in 3-4k region and has limited dispersion so you are listening to a higher percentage of direct sound. KEF, Revel, Amphion, etc speakers will exhibit this in some recordings as well. This is really the only small downside of a design that has wide dispersion. However since the average listener in psychoacoustic studies prefer wider dispersion and spacious sound over narrow dispersion and clarity/pinpoint imaging, it’s a small trade-off to make.
I listened to them for quite a while at AXPONA and for the most part agree with @smdesforges.  I wanted more transparency and presence.  The bass is great- truly a big speaker sound because of the passive radiator.
I was disappointed because the hype fore these was sky high.  One online reviewer compared them to the Joseph Audio Pulsar.  I am being polite when I say he is not correct about that.  My preferences would lead me elsewhere for the asking price.  
 Why chase your tail
Make sure you also have Audio Quest DBS working for you
 Bill Lowe AQ and Vandersteen co patented this design bi wire speaker cables and interconnects with the Vandersteens is a must.
The latest 2CE Sig 2 will easily outperform a 2 way cuties box especially when the lights go out.
Most woman when performance matters pick the Vandersteen faster then their nervous Nellie boy worrying what fashion police thinks as their right brain doesn't enter into analysis paralysis.
 Vandy"s form following function, performance, allows the beauty of the music to win out especially in the dark . 
 Best JohnnyR
 Vandersteen dealer