Netflix audio quality playback does not compare to DVD or Blu-ray disks!

https://www.fastcompany.com/90342710/netflix-is-improving-its-audio-quality-for-surround-sound-users...

Netflix and other streaming services have worse than CD quality sound.

I guess most people have mediocre sound bar playback audio for home theater, and I understand they could care less, or are unaware of better sound quality.

Most Blu-ray audio is high rez ( better than CD quality).

And DVD audio quality can be CD quality.

When will steaming services realize that some home theater systems have expensive sound playback?

I feel that there is still a need for physical disc play back in home theater if you care about sound quality.

Some steaming sites like Tidal, Berlin Philharmonic, Met Opera, Radio Paradise,Vimeo, and others have at least CD quality playback.

don_c55
Netflix typically uses Dolby Digital Plus as a streaming protocol, which is still old-school --COMPRESSED-- Dolby Digital.  I don't think any streaming service will be able to provide the bluray audio codecs DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD.  The Dolby Digital Plus from Netflix is also compromised (at least in my system) because I have to use this as "audio over HDMI" (instead of using digital COAX, which is superior eve on compressed DD/DTS).
For reference, Dolby Digital maxes out at 640kbps.  DTS can do up to 1535 kbps. 

For bluray, Dolby TrueHD averages about 6000 kpbs but can be up to 18,000 kbps.  DTS-MA can be up to 24.5 MBps (which is closer to 26,000 kbps).
I don't want to buy every DVD, only ones I know I will watch year after year.  Unfortunately in my divorce I lost about 200 DVDs and about 400 music cds. And no they were not in the settlement,  I came home and turned on my pioneer elite that holds 301 and realized no disc to be found. Its actually upsetting at first, then all I could do is laugh. I'm not wanting to collect again. Now I pretty much stream everything,  I'm hoping for great quality in streaming.  I do have Netflix send me cds and I choose the 4k package.  I do have sound bar in bedroom but ht room is 5.1 and in 2 months should be 5.2.4. I think I get okay audio from Netflix,  but DVD is definitely better. Not willing to pay comcast 250 a month for nothing. Netflix,  Amazon,  hulu and DirecTV now. And internet comes to 130 a month. DirecTV now has the worst audio for ht, but only really use for football season. 
This thread highlights one of the major advantages that physical media have over streaming, namely high end sound quality.  Streaming is driving all physical media except vinyl to extinction, but not because of quality 
Convenience is key.  To own and not store is great. Plus using it wherever you choose  as long as you have a phone.  I would be nice if the quality was there for streaming.  I think the percentage of people out there that have ht systems from BB really dont have any clue what true ht is like. I've known many who buy a bb setup 5.1 put in family room and done. If they get sound out of all speakers they are happy. So I guess the question is, do the streamers need to step it up with audio quality?  If it wasn't for football I would dump DirecTV now.  I watched a movie from dtv now in my ht room and it was the worst.