Netflix audio quality playback does not compare to DVD or Blu-ray disks!

https://www.fastcompany.com/90342710/netflix-is-improving-its-audio-quality-for-surround-sound-users...

Netflix and other streaming services have worse than CD quality sound.

I guess most people have mediocre sound bar playback audio for home theater, and I understand they could care less, or are unaware of better sound quality.

Most Blu-ray audio is high rez ( better than CD quality).

And DVD audio quality can be CD quality.

When will steaming services realize that some home theater systems have expensive sound playback?

I feel that there is still a need for physical disc play back in home theater if you care about sound quality.

Some steaming sites like Tidal, Berlin Philharmonic, Met Opera, Radio Paradise,Vimeo, and others have at least CD quality playback.

don_c55
For great movies that never show up on steaming, and that I can play over and over (think Classics), I still believe disks are the way to go IMO!
@wlutke 

Radio Paradise has a lossless option (CD quality) on my Apple TV app.

I am talking Video Steaming not radio playback.
Blu-ray, DVD disks, and CDs are dirt cheap, and you "own" the media, not rent it!

I care and want the best experience.

Physical media will not vanish before I am dead!
Netflix typically uses Dolby Digital Plus as a streaming protocol, which is still old-school --COMPRESSED-- Dolby Digital.  I don't think any streaming service will be able to provide the bluray audio codecs DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD.  The Dolby Digital Plus from Netflix is also compromised (at least in my system) because I have to use this as "audio over HDMI" (instead of using digital COAX, which is superior eve on compressed DD/DTS).
For reference, Dolby Digital maxes out at 640kbps.  DTS can do up to 1535 kbps. 

For bluray, Dolby TrueHD averages about 6000 kpbs but can be up to 18,000 kbps.  DTS-MA can be up to 24.5 MBps (which is closer to 26,000 kbps).