UPGRADE FROM VPI SCOUTMASTER

Is the vpi prime a significant upgrade from the Scoutmaster.
digital3
I have a Superscoutmaster/3D 2nd pivot/Classic Platter/replaced the feet with Bearpaws (very large brass cones).....haven't heard better.  Was just listening to Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed, and enjoying the lyrics.
Post removed 
I am sure that the new DD with "Fatboy" gimbled arm at 30K is a great deck.

Small correction. Pretty sure the HW40 (if that's what you're referring to) with the Fatboy gimbal can be had for $15K, less with a trade in. Still not cheap by any means, but it takes a few of the competitive tables out of the equation.

Hey all, just to pop in real fast... totally agree about how a uni-pivot can be that is why we put a lot of time into the development of our Gimbal Fatboy. 

@tonyptony  has it correct, the HW-40 is 15K.  We learned a lot, have improved on our manufacturing and assembly process and were ale to drastically reduce the price of the deck.  The main saver was in the volume of parts.  Regardless, if we save money than I believe in passing that on to the end user the best we can.

Also @fsonicsmith  I agree with you about our former vibration control engineering... I think my dad did the work back in the day but then re-used the same concepts without re-analyzing the approach for different materials/models.  Not the case anymore, the feet that are on the HW-40 have been researched, measured, and tested by my in house engineer Mike Bettinger.  We have a video up called "the bottle test" where we beat the heck out of the platform while the turntable is playing.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=335742833641928

At the moment, the HW-40 Direct Drive is the must current and efficient in regards to technology.  We also have a full white paper on it to learn more:

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/5e0564_6dd7041af16e4823b3279a521f15aba6.pdf

We aren't perfect, but we will always try to step up our game :) 
I can tell you that while at AXPONA I was in the Credo Audio / EMM / VPI room where the HW-40 was being used. While in there HW, at an opportune moment, started pounding on the rack the HW-40 was sitting on while it was playing. Not a ripple in the music. I'll be the first to admit I wish my Avenger was that good at isolating from external structure borne vibrations.