VAC 160i SE vs Audio Research GSi75

Hello all.
Looking for anyone who has experience with these two fine integrated's. The ARC does have the (dis)advantage of a built in Dac which is handy as I am mostly digital at the moment. Both roughly the same wattage, not sure of current ratings. Can pick up either in the used market right now for very similar prices. Want to know what are the sonic differences here? Do they sound a lot different from each other?
Pro's and con's of each. Does one have more weight/heft to the sound? More air, upper and lower end extension and all the good stuff we look for? Is one really a lot better than the other?
I listen to a lot of different music. Mostly classic rock, hard rock with blues, jazz, vocal land instrumental, pretty much the works. Room size is 12' by 18' with 8' ceiling. This opens up to a kitchen and hallway on one side. Aprx 350 sq. feet.
Other equipment would be a streamer probably Lumin. Speakers I currently have are PSB Imagine T3. However looking to upgrade as well to possibly PMC, Gershman Acoustics, Wilson Benesch.
Any info is appreciated.
Cheers!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xscar11
I’d go Vac between those 2. Great company, better built and a much fuller sound then Arc.
If I could afford one I’d buy that exact integrated. 
The lumin is also fantastic. I can’t comment on your speakers because I haven’t heard them. 
I’d bet that vac would sound very good with any of them. Good luck and congrats. 
I used to own vac integrated great amp if its enuf power ....alas was not enuf for my harbeth 40.2 for all my music listening but for much of it was sublime 
I owned both amps albeit with several years in between and the systems were in 2 different homes, different speakers, sources, wire, etc. With that caveat, they are both terrific but very different. The Vac, built like a tank, exceptional company and amazing support. The GSI75, same thing. Both had fine phono stages although I never used the one in the GSI75, it had variable cartridge loading, etc the VAC’s stage was tubed, the ARC was not. The DAC inside the GSI75 was terrific, a very fine dac. The VAC, of course, had no dac and had a few more options at order time like balanced ins, etc.

The sound of the VAC was very smooth, a very traditional and nuanced amplifier. The ARC was more dynamic, authoritative and transparent but I certainly wouldn’t characterize it as traditional or tubey sounding. Textured and transparent yes, tubey, nope.

if they were priced the same and I were in the market today, and as much as I deeply respect Kevin Hayes of VAC, it would be no contest, the GSI75 is a superior amplifier. Lets keep in mind they were developed years apart, the ARC being newer and the VAC being an evolution. YMMV
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm leaning towards VAC however ghasley raises some valid points. Anyone else who has recent experience with these two amps is encouraged to chime in.
Cheers!