Which transport with my Jay's Audio DAC?

Advice needed.
I currently have a Nuprime CDT 8 feeding a Jay's Audio DAC. The CDT 8 oversamples the  PCM signal incoming to the DAC, and does DSD.
I have followed the discussions of the Jay's Audio CDT2- Mk2 with interest, since it looks to be a transport superior to the Nuprime. However, it does not provide PCM oversampling or DSD; and I think that the Jay's DAC cannot oversample a signal on its own. [Can any DAC?]
The question, then, is which combination is likely to be the better: 1. The Nuprime transport and the Jay's Audio DAC or 2. The Jay's Audio transport and the Jay's Audio DAC? Does the presumed superiority of the Jay's Audio transport more than compensate for the OS-ing capacity of the Nuprime DAC? 
Or perhaps any question of preferring an OS-ing to a NOS-ing transport is simply a matter of taste, and not any sort of objective criterion for making a choice like this?
Any insights will be appreciated.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzimmerma
OP: I’m speaking about the choice of transports. From your original post, I gathered you intend to keep the Jay’s Audio DAC.
celander:

That's right, Sir. I like the Jay's Audio DAC, and also the Denafrips Pontus. They stay in my system[s].
The OP was all about the choice of a transport: putatively inferior NOS- and OS-capable [Nuprime] that I already have or putatively superior strictly NOS-capable [Jay's Audio] that I am contemplating buying.
I owned the NANO transport.  For the $400 bucks I paid for the new unit, it was not embarrassed by my favorite transport the Audiomeca.  It was excellent for $400.  The different samples had an improvement but not worth worrying about.  I am hopefully going to compare the Jays audio transport to a Rega and CEC next month and I will post my findings again.  This time it will be in another persons system versus my own.

Happy Listening.
That is very illuminating, bigkidz.

Would it be possible to characterize the improvement that you detected in the OS output over the NOS output of the NANO? 

Does either the Rega or the CEC OS? That would provide a useful base of comparison with the Jay's Audio transport?  If so, the exercise would directly address my concern in the OP.

The differences are not substantial but here goes.  The 44 was the most musical so I call it hearing the wood of the instrument like stand up bass or piano.  The other settings offered a little more detail and more resolution but it is only slightly over the 44 setting.  But you tend to miss the wood on the instruments so it sounds a little faster because the notes do not decay as slowly therefore the wood sound is missing, again slightly.  I used the NANO to demonstrate my DAC when I took it to someones home to hear.  It was not embarrassed by any means as a transport.  If you only had the funds for a really good DAC and you can get a Nano cheap in the meantime, then get the Nano.  Later it can be used a s a back-up and it takes up no space at all.  PLUS you can upgraded the power supply for a slight improvement also from the tiny little wall wart.

The Rega and CEC do not OS.  The Rega is interesting because it really sounded good as a transport.  I don't remember the differences between the Nano and Rega.  My friend who had them in his system preferred the CEC TL5100Z used as a transport by a lot over the Rega.  He prefers his sound musical over non-musical think tubes vs. SS.  BUT again, the Rega sounded very good with our DAC which is a TUBE DAC.  My friend has a Musical Fidelity (M-1 model??) which I modified with upgraded resistors, filter choke and V-Cap capacitors.  It sounds pretty good unless you compare to our DAC, then it gets wiped out completely.

I am hoping to do the comparison again in another members system next month but to a better or higher priced CEC dedicated transport.  Then I will know for sure if the claims that the Jays is as good or better than that model CEC.

Happy Listening.