Preamp Question

I would like recommendations on preamps.  Here's my issue.

I have an Elekit 300B SET amp.  It only has one pair of line level RCA inputs.  I run two different sources--vinyl and digital.  The Elekit does not have a remote. 

I have a Schitt Freya preamp that is really something for the money. It has a remote.  But, my Manley Chinook phono preamp and Doge 7 tube DAC both sound better running direct to the Elekit amp.  The Doge has a volume/attenuator and remote so when I'm using that I'm in good shape.  

So basically I'd like to use a preamp to add remote and 2 line level inputs for convenience either without reducing the sound quality or even improving or changing it for the better.  Budget would be $2-4k new or used is fine. 
128x128jbhiller
The Benchmark HPA4  ($2995) or LPA4 ($2495) are claimed to be super-transparent, and they come with a 30-day trial.  Passive.
I agree with mrdecibel here.  I would try the Freya in "passive" mode to see if you like the sound and to see if it is similar to running the DAC/phono direct to your amp.  That would give you an idea if a passive preamp would work for you, though I don't know that any other "true passive" would really be better than the Freya.  There are some passive preamps that have more than just a volume control and add things such as output transformers that can change the character of the sound - this gets into the exotic passive preamp area.
Another idea:  It's about a $600 investment test, but you could try putting in a quad set of PSVANE CV181-TII tubes in your Freya.  That would definitely increase the resolution and quality of the Freya, but like any other preamp, it will still not be the same as direct/passive.  Although, many preamps will add a "magic" to the sound that can be desired
Cables - the extra set of cables between preamp and amp could also color or slightly the sound as well.
Channel Islands Audio PLC•1 MKII Remote Passive Line Controller
https://ciaudio.com/product/plc•1-mkii-remote-passive-line-controller
Very transparent in my system, but I need more inputs and the tape loop. 
Good luck!

Look for a used Cary SLP05 which should cost about $4K. It's a great preamp. I wouldn't pay more than $4K, though.