3 great tube preamps. Which would you purchase?

Hello,

I’m currently looking at a used VTL TL-5.5 Series II Stereo Tube Preamplifier
Don Sachs 65N7 Preamp (new), and last but not least LTA Microzotl Preamp - new. 

I like Ike the fact that the VTL has balanced outputs. Which the 65N7 and LTA Microzotl lack. 

My current amp - Bel Canto Ref500s. Has the option of XLR or RCA for input. I like the idea of going all balanced with my set up. 

Its not mandatory to have an all balanced system if one preamp lacks xlr outputs. It’s more of what will work best.  It’s a heavy investment for me. Regardless of which one I will purchase. I like to set it and forget it. Upgrading every couple of years is despised as much as clothing shopping. 

Price is not always indicative of quality. All three mentioned are great contenders imo. All fluctuate a bit in pricing. If anyone could chime in, stating which preamp they might prefer would be greatly appreciated. 

It’s a safe assumption all have their own sound signature. I’m looking to round off the class d sound a bit. It’s not overtly bright. Though I’ve heard the tube sound. I know it will be a game changer in conjunction with my current equipment.  Very curious to know what the communities take would be on this post. 

I have a very basic set up.  
MacBook Pro 
Dynaudio Special 40’s
Bel Canto Ref Link
Bel Canto 3.7 Dac
Bel Canto Ref500s / most recent build. 
interconnects, speaker cable, and power cords are holding up well. 

Turntable preamp to be determined in the future. 

My kind regards,

Jay. 

jred
Look at DeHavilland electric amplifier co .
 Ultraverve 3 or the Mercury. Kara the owner has stellar customer service. She will answer all your questions . Stay away from VTL very poor customer service.
Mark
I have an LTA MicroZotl.It is very quiet,clean,clear,open,slightly sweet,but doesn't 'round off' the sound.It certainly could if you wanted to do a little tube rolling.Like others said,there's no way to tell which one is the best fit until you try.Good luck!
Jay,
If you drop the "Must be balanced" requirement as you have been wisely counseled above, I will toss in another semi obscure but well proven name-Audible Illusions 3LB- Includes a remote. New about $4,000. Used with patience you can buy one under $3k for the new model. But don’t dally as they can sell quickly when well priced. Very musical. Other things I like-Two independent channel controls. One Main Volume. One main Function. Big dials with built-in lights look good. Did I mention the power supply is separate?
None of them: for your Bel Canto’s use: EAR, Papworth, or Audio Note.
than you will be in the clouds.
I don't believe Papworth offers preamps.
Ears are nice only double the price 
Audio Note. The finest equipment money can buy.