Rega RP8 vs Clearaudio Concept

Hi all,
Looking for some opinions on both the Rega RP8 vs the Clearaudio Concept?
Same price Point and trying to narrow this down a little further. Maybe there’s something else out there to consider too.
Appreciate any suggestions
128x128audiosaurusrex
Post removed 
If you choose VPI, this is the one to get:
https://www.upscaleaudio.com/products/vpi-super-prime-scout

If it's within your budget, better value.
Whatever you  choose, ensure you're  getting the most out of the table/cart by using the best phono amp you can afford.

After a long hiatus, I had a Rega, went the VPI route and haven't looked back.
Tablejockey, Scoutmaster has the acrylic platter, any thoughts on that and other comparisons to the prime scout? Appreciate your thoughts. Scoutmaster I’m looking at is approximately $2000. New table might be a better choice
I don't know about getting platter specific. Either way, VPI is a solid option. I would be more concerned with the complete package:table/cart/phonostage.

A Rega will be  more plug and play. VPI can be no fuss-after a little attention to setup. If you don't mind used, there is always something interesting in the listings.

You may find something nicer than a new $2k retail unit.
To use any of the above turntables you need a very solid stand preferably with a granite top on a concrete floor. If you have a standard wooden floor you will have to get a wall shelf or you will be bouncing tonearms all over the place. The Rega and Clearaudio have pretty much the same performance. The cartridge is going to determine the sound to a much greater degree. Get a SOTA Jewell and you will be able to set an A bomb off in front of it and nothing will happen even on a wood floor with a crappy shelf. www.sotaturntables.com  The only other turntables that compare with the SOTA are SME and Basis both considerably more jing. A turntable must be quiet, accurate and isolated. These are the only three turntables that meet that requirement under all conditions. Also with the SOTA you get to pick your tonearm, one to match the cartridge you like. Put an SME 4 on there with a Lyra Delos and you will be in heaven. All the crap about how a turntable sounds is BS. A proper turntable should not sound at all. As for Michael Fremer, he likes whatever the most expensive item is as long as he gets a deal on it. God bless him.  He certainly has the largest record collection I know of. By the way the Syrinx PU 3 was the original SAT tonearm. If you can find one used in good shape it is an amazing arm.