Help choosing/confirguring NAS

Memory is getting cheaper, so I thought I could start converting my LP's to digital files, storing on NAS for playback.  I see WD My Cloud double drives are pretty cheap, but I quickly find that Windows 10 does not detect these drives on Windows 10 network.  Reading further, I see that Windows, for security reasons, no longer detects devices like this.  I am not sophisticated about computer issues.  Can someone explain and give some suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
77jovian
I convert everything to .flac and throw them on SSD’s and use a hot swap HDD enclosure into a USB port of my source. I could network those files via windows but why?
SSD’s are the way to go for storage, they will last forever since you’re not writing/deleting to them as an OS does. The thing to pay attention to is what the source is capable of seeing.
Yes, I run SSD’s in RAID on my PC knowing eventually they’ll burn out but I game and look for every edge...*laffs
So you are hard wired to the drive?  How about if I want the drive in the basement, wired to my home network?  Can I stream with my iPad or other streamer with no concern whether the NAS is “mapped”?
What router are you using ? I connect an external hard drive to my Netgear router which runs a DLNA  server it's  on the network  no need to even have a computer running.