Double Advent wiring question...

Hi

Want to run Double Advent 1 stack in parallel.

Just want to Confirm...

From my Carver amp...

I  can run a speaker run as usual to each speaker and then from 1st set of left channel speaker just run from + to + and - to - negative of second set of speakers so I am running a long jumper.  And do the same for right channel of course.
This should give me a parallel wiring and now amp will be pushing 4ohms..

Thx...
ishkabibil
@mrdecibel...Bad choice of words..meant no shaming....

Just have seen a lot of money wasted on the perceived ladder climb of high end audio....

The reply that initiated that was so against it seemed what we do or can do with this hobby....and quite frankly I believe was incorrect. 
We should encourage experimentation...

It's part of what we do....

Besides music we love Sonics...sound and results that can be achieved by experimenting.. 
My point was taken incorrectly.  My point was that Henry Kloss designed the finest speaker he could in those days given what he had to work with.  It was a GREAT speaker for the times.  The issue I am raising is that technology has come a long way since the 1970's--especially in the area of audio--NOT "high-end" audio--just audio.  Inexpensive speakers reproduce music more accurately today than many way expensive speakers did back then.

Example:  I love driving my '66 Corvette, but my '07 Corolla is a better car. Not prettier, not cooler, not faster, not anything but a better, safer vehicle.  Technology has improved the daily transportation vehicle immensely.

While Advent's were good in the day, Fulton 100's were MUCH better in the same time frame and delivered as much bass as was recorded without adding anything.  My Fender American Strat sounds nice out of my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe; my Fender Squire Bass, not so much.  My Sunn Scepter (1970) and Gretsch 6120 (1957) had a unique sound as well, but not the same as the Fender/Fender sound or even the modern Squire with a couple of Sunn dual-15" cabs and a 200S or Model T head.

My point was that you could enjoy more accurately reproduced sound by going to speakers that have benefited from advances that Mr. Kloss, as good as he was, did not employ as they were not invented at the time he did the Advents.

Look, if you love the Advents you are going to use them.  My point remains that you might enjoy the music more if you tried something that incorporates advances in sound reproduction.  I don't play the Sunn stuff anymore--I LOVE IT, but at 50+ years old, caps and other electrolytic parts have not benefited from time served and are not reliable.  If you have replaced the older electronics in the Advent crossover--changes it, but that's another discussion--and are happy with them, use them.  I just wish that you would give more advanced technology a chance--you might be surprised at how reasonable the costs are and how much more accurate the music sounds.

Cheers,

Richard
When I was younger and determined to spend only a fixed amount on an audio system I tried rigs like the OP is suggesting. My chief priority was the budget/cost. I was quite confident, but delusional about the potential of such systems. They are fun, but essentially one does not get superior results, just more of the mediocre performance, which is interpreted as vastly superior. The mistake that is then made is thinking that somehow it has leaped into the territory of big gun setups. It hasn't. We don't know the chief motivator for such a setup, but when someone makes a comment that they can achieve better sound than higher priced rigs, often the wallet for whatever reason rules the agenda. 

DIY line source type (stacked, double) setups are fun. But, there is a big price paid in terms of overall cleanness, quality/precision of the soundstage, focus on the center image, L/R channel separation, potential comb filtering, and tightness of bass, etc. Basically, while it yields more macrodynamic impact it messes up a lot. As long as the OP realizes that he is giving up some characteristics associated with better sound, who cares? He can mess around with the rig as much as possible. I did lots of experimental rigs and I am very glad I did, as it taught me so much about the potentials and pitfalls of systems. 

Our man here may be a System Builder, such as myself. Perhaps he loves recombining gear to see what results. The variety is what fascinates and gratifies me. So, ishkabibil, if you are drawn by curiosity, have at it. But, know this, despite your strong protestations, you will not be moving toward higher quality sound overall. That simply takes better gear and methods - and yes, much more money than such persons may be willing to spend. If they do not hear better gear in their home it is doubtful they will ever be convinced of the efficacy of moving up from others explaining it to them.  :)