The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Anyway, revisited some of my favorite cables over the last 4 decades, including one newcomer;  MIT, Transparent, Audioquest and Anticables.  For my current setup, I have narrowed it down to Transparent and Anticables.  They all have their virtues and finding the right balance for any given system will be subjective of course.  Audioquest always gets my attention at first, but then let’s me feeling flat after the break in period is over.  MIT always sounds musical, yet can wind up a bit too uneven in the frequencies.  Transparent offers the lowest noise floor and the greatest dynamic range, with exceptional bass/midrange and clean organic highs.  Anticables are an open window...dynamic and totally revealing yet smooth .  They are expressive and quick with a bit of an upward shift harmonically.  It’s all in the balance and personal preference.  Long term listenability will probably put me in Transparent Audio’s camp for this system...provides nuance, texture, dynamics and an organic palpability that is hard to beat.  FWIW
We all have our own preferences, I love Purist Audio as well. I still sell Kimber as well. It is not only AudioQuest. But the new cables from AudioQuest are really impressive. The thing I love most about AudioQuest is the fact that they can reveal all the aspects of sound. Even their cheapest products work the same way. 

It is pure joy to work with these cables every single time. But what is even more important is the happiness of our clients who buy them. It is our task to create the highest levels in result possible. And AudioQuest has proven to be a big important part of the success of Tru-Fi. 
Audioquest is not a bad, inferior, or incompetent cable but it is not an exceptional, high performance, high end cable either. For proof of this simple, basic, verifiable fact just take a look at how many different cables this company designs, manufactures, and distributes they make dozens of models what they are doing is making cables of different "flavors" because none of them are truly neutral, accurate, and faithful. This allows every user, dealer, audiophile to proclaim for himself that one or more of them are the "best" when in fact each of them has they're own shortcomings, failings, and compromises because the company does not know how to make a truly accurate cable. This will fool some people with some regularity and it appears there is a user hear who is included in that group however I will not mention his name or he will have my post deleted for his own benefit, satisfaction, and purpose as he has done with complete immunity for the last few days.
Had the new Audioquest stuff on trial...not bad, but any of their cables with all silver just sound hard to my ears.  Just passed minimum break in time for my Transparent Plus loom Gen 5....oh boy, the whole room is energized with dynamics and a full, complete tonality that is rarely conveyed!  All the detail without overemphasis and so right sounding.  I think I have my winner...lightyears better than anything I’ve heard to date!!
Can we please have a little consensus here? What’s the hold up? There doesn’t seem to be consensus on ANYTHING. 😳