Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
+1 dbpoweramp, ripped over 1200 CDs FLAC uncompressed on a Windows 10 machine that is also my Roon core, never any issues.
@mattnshilp 

Will be eager to read your VPI review/write-up. Hope all is going well in your new pursuits.
Hey all. I have a pending review on Enjoy The Music for the new Lampizator Golden Gate 2. I’ll post when it’s ready to be published. 

I have also added a VPI HW40 turntable with Lyra Atlas cartridge to my system with a set of Crystal Cable CrystalConnect Reference Diamond phono cables and ground. I’m still deciding on a phono stage. My friend Merrill of Merrill Audio’s Jens phono stage is world class, but I’m waiting for his next generation Element Line phono stage next year. I like the Chord Symphonic a lot (more then the Pass 15) but I’m considering a few others (Allnic H5000DHT, Manley Steelhead RC and ModWright ph150). I went LP shopping the other day. I was mesmerized by how fun and satisfying actually buying and holding solid medium was. I haven’t bought a CD in over a decade and even then it was primarily to rip it right into my computer. While alphabetizing my LP’s, I was giddy like a school girl and couldn’t wait to listen. There is unquestionably something special about physically flipping through your music and putting an LP on the table
and that moment of anticipation as you drop the needle. 

I’m knee deep in reviews for Enjoy The Music and Absolute Sound. But enjoying the process. I’m blown away by the quality of affordable equipment these days. 

I still need to write up my visit to VPI. And I am WAY behind on doing a new video for my YouTube channel. 

Also, does anyone know a reliable service that I could bring/send my CD’s to so they can rip them for me into WAV files? I don’t have the time to rip 600 CD’s.