Revel Ultima Salon 2

How good are the  Revel Ultima Salon 2 Some reveiws say there better than the IRS Betas
128x128jj77
Thanks for the great advice guys. I think if I can find some used salon 2s that might be my next upgrade. Well either that or a used scala v2.
You will need a significant amp to get the Salons to sing, think 300 watts with lots of current. Small amps just don’t wake this great speaker up. They seem to love the high power class D stuff so you don’t need to break the bank
I got 2 bryston blocks, 4bsst (with sst2 mobo), should that do it. I believe its 600 watts per channel into 8 ohms in bridges mode.
You know, I wonder whether the idea that the Salons need massive power amps is one of those things that is so often repeated that it is taken to be true? In the Revel Ultima Salon 2 owners manual the manufacturer states that, “a massive power amplifier is not required to drive Revel loudspeakers to reasonable volume levels in large listening spaces.”

I have heard these speakers driven by a 100 wpc amplifier and found that there was absolutely nothing lacking. My own amp, the Ayre Vx-5 Twenty 175 in 8 ohms and 350 into 4 ohms very competently drives the Salons to levels that are impossible to listen to.