3D Bluray players and Tvs

The Samsung rep set up a new 46" 3D flat pannel along with the 3D BR player at local shop and the 3D set up drawed a lot of attention. While I am not an early adopter, I cound not thinking about all my BR players from Pio Elite, Denon and Onkyo would be obsolete soon.

What do you think?
andrewdoan
Agree with Rwwear. I think this is a gimmick that will appeal to some and it will fade. I recently bought a BluRay player for the first time and the salesman told me that buying a 3D model would future proof me. I don't need a 3D display, where I would make an investment is BluRay Audio, then I could buy yet another version of Dark Side of The Moon!
Very doubtful this will fade Theo. With gaming being such a large and profitable market. 3D technology is here to stay. It will only get better as time passes.

Let us not forget all the folks that said Blu ray was just a fad like SACD. In the end, it will all go digital downloads..whether the old school fellows like it or not.

You have new 3D networks rising, ESPN is one of them. There's too much money at stake for the industry to just let this one fade away.
I don't remember anyone comparing Bluray with SCAD, and if anyone did they're a fool. This is the classic apples and oranges argument. SACD and DVD-Audio were always going to be audiophile niche products, and nothing else, despite Sony's hype at the start. The mainstream population has never been interested in higher sound quality in any large numbers, surround sound or not, and never will be. Video on the other hand is a completely different story. Everyone owns a T.V. and with sales of large flat screen HDTV's being as high as they are,at least one high def disc based format was guaranteed to take off. Sony had to win one eventually. This 3D thing is primarily, in it's present form anyway, a gimmick. The only chance it has to succeed in my opinion is if the gaming community embraces it wholeheartedly, and that is far from guaranteed.
Apparently you haven't been on this forum long my friend if you haven't seen the comparisons made by naysayers of Blu-ray.

Panasonic just announced a few days ago they sold out of 3-D Tvs in America. So again...3Ds not going to fade anytime soon.
Like I said they will sell because it is new. Wait until they see what they get. This is a huge gimmick.