3D Bluray players and Tvs

The Samsung rep set up a new 46" 3D flat pannel along with the 3D BR player at local shop and the 3D set up drawed a lot of attention. While I am not an early adopter, I cound not thinking about all my BR players from Pio Elite, Denon and Onkyo would be obsolete soon.

What do you think?
andrewdoan
Don't forget front projectors! I would love to own a 3D capable PJ! As with all electronics, most are obsolete when they're first released IMO! ;-)
Not impressed. I saw most of the 3D displays at CES. To me 3D right now is not as good as 2D. Yes you get more depth, but the background material you see is not sharply focused or have the vibrant colors that pop. They showed a coral scene where an angel fish swam out 1 foot in front of the screen, turning around and upside down. That was cool but the rest of the background including choral was in the monitor. Now if the whole movie was made this way where it was in front of you; now you have something. This was true even in Avatar. I think the only way you could achieve this is with lasers or maybe holography or a combination. I don't know about you, but I don't want to wear glasses every time I watch. This will sell as any new technology does, but for now I am not interested.