Please- No more Tin Pan Alley

I love Axpona.  I go every year and it's great to actually hear the equipment and meet the designers that you read about.  But the music selection is sometimes not the best.  I like a wide range of music.  I'm not adverse to hearing anything(well maybe not Rap). There are a lot of rooms to cover.  Most people want to listen for 5 or 10 minutes to get a feel for the sound of the system and possibly purchase one of the components.  Please, vendors play a few minutes of a variety of music so people can see how the system sounds with different music.  How's the bass, the vocals, the dynamics, etc?  They should play selections for no more than 2-3 minutes and move on.  I know it's more difficult with a turntable- but still.  Nothing more aggravating than going into a room and listening to a song you don't like for 15 minutes.  And PLEASE- no more Tin Pan Alley by Stevie Ray Vaughan. And I like SRV.  That song is WAY overplayed.  It is so well recorded it would sound good on a transistor radio. It tells the consumer nothing about the system.
jackmonster
A good vendor will accommodate a serious buyer, most folks walking through are not serious buyers.
My suggestion, and what I try and do, bring a reference CD you're familiar with.
Can we add any Diana Krall, Eagles, Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" and any current pop. 

This year, "The Show" is walking distance, in my neighborhood. If there is an onslaught of the above mentioned, I can at least go home and grab a few records to hear on those uber systems.

I also got pretty tired of hearing Tin Pan Alley at the 2017 RMAF.  The whole bombastic white boy bluesman minstrel act should really be over in the 21st century.Funny thing was I never heard Diana Krall once.