Magnepan's new LRS?

A brief blurb in Stereophile online (by Herb Reichert reporting from AXPONA 2019) gave accolades to Magnepan's new LRS. The local authorized dealer is not carrying it for unclear reasons (at least, the decision to not offer that model wasn't explained to me when I asked directly about it). Have any Forum readers had an opportunity to audition these and, if so, what's your opinion?
Thanks,Keith
kacomess
Do y'all think the Prima Luna Prologue integrated will drive these well?

If it's the 35 watt per channel model, probably not.  Well, it wouldn't be my first choice.  The 70 watt model, however, might be an interesting match...

Does Timbre carry them in Houston?

Factory direct only.  From the page linked to above:

"The 60-day, home-trial program is only available in the USA. The LRS is only sold direct from Magnepan to USA and Canadian customers".

Glad that the best speaker maker ever now has a more affordable item.  Possibly music lovers everywhere will finally realize what I found out that day in 1974 when I turned on the Tympani I-A set that just arrived at my shop and it blew all of us out of the room; truly a revelation, and those were not anywhere near as good as today's Magnepan items.

Jim was a very smart guy; his son is continuing the tradition of making the best possible speakers right here in Minnesota.  By the way, if you hook them up to Audio Research gear, you will hear what you have been missing all these years.

Just remember, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.  They take time to set up properly, but once you get it right, you will know immediately--it is that amazing.

Cheers,

Richard

PS Funny how so many high-end manufacturers are now making TALL speakers.  Wonder where they got THAT idea???
As I understand it, some dealers are selling the LRS. But not all -- they don't make much money off them, and neither does Magnepan. As kingbarbuda said, they're intended as an "appetizer" -- Magnepan sells them near cost, knowing that some of the people who buy them will move up to bigger Maggies.
Direct quote from website..

"Can I save money or time buying direct from Magnepan?" No, we are not in competition with our dealers. The terms and price, including tax, are the same whether you buy direct from Magnepan or from your nearest dealer. It is a matter of which is the most convenient for you? There is a potential advantage to you, the customer, if you are able to audition the LRS at your nearest dealer. In the event that the LRS is not the right speaker for you, you would have no further obligation.

The 60-day, home-trial program is only available in the USA. The LRS is only sold direct from Magnepan to USA and Canadian customers.”

Maybe they mean for the 60 day trial?