Soundlab owners - room placement question

Next week I am getting some newly updated M3's from Soundlab. This is the first time I have tried an ESL and I am looking for some advice.

Where should I start for room placement? I understand it will take some time to move them around from this starting point for best results, but love to hear what other Soundlab owners are doing.

My room;

18.5 feet wide
24 feet long
8 foot ceilings
Carpet over concrete floor
No window to deal with
My room so anything goes!
Not open to any other room
300 watt SS amps combined with tube preamp
Listening position is flexible - again my room!
No sub right now - that could change if needed

Appreciate your thoughts.
128x128grannyring
Ya, I am still playing. Right now mine are 7 feet from he wall behind them and they are about 3-4 feet from each side wall. My listening position is about 2 feet from the back wall behind me. My toe-in is very, very little.

So far I have found the closer I am to the wall behind me the better the bass and overall fullness of sound. If I toe them in so the centers hit my ears the sound is far to bright or aggressive for me.

I have a combination of diffusion and absorption behind the speakers (6 ft Ficus trees/sound panal. Behind my listening postition I have sound absorption.

Pretty good so far. Still looking for more body.
It sounds like you are finding what works for you. Generally the closer you get to the rear wall the greater the room will boost the bass for you. At 7' you are very close to the 1/3 point of the room so that should work quite well.

As for the body issue, that's a little tougher. Are you looking for more body in the bottom end or throughout the range of the speaker? It's my belief that the speaker is what it is with respect to body however, because it's such a transparent speaker, you can add body further upstream and hear it. There are limits of course so it depends how much you are looking for.

I don't really have a body issue with mine but I have a larger speaker in a smaller room driven by massive tube amps. You have 3,552 cubic feet and I have 1,872 cubic feet. Everyone says they need room and space from the walls and I think this is correct however, few pay attention to the pressure you are trying to create in the room. Speaker and amp combinations and how they interact with the room might be as important if not more for proper spectral balance and body.

If it's mainly the bottom end body you are looking for, then you could experiment with a sub but that's really difficult. I haven't tried a sub in years and never with my Soundlabs but I would think if you had a small, extremely fast sub that you kept as low in frequency as possible, you might gain the body you are looking for without messing with all the other things the Soundlabs do so perfectly. This wouldn't be my first choice though. I'd go the room route first.
I am actually looking for more overall body and not so much more bass. My tube preamp and CD player have good body and warmth.My amps are SS and perhaps tubes would give more body. I am going to play more with room placement and perhaps power cords for the speakers.
The tube amps might give you what you are looking for. If you can borrow a pair from someone or try one a dealer in your area might have then go for it.

I've heard the Soundlabs with both tube and SS amplification and each has it's strengths. I do think you get more body with tubes but at the expense of that extreme bottom end bass slam which doesn't matter much to me. Mine go plenty low and are very balanced with the rest of the frequency range. I think it sounds very natural even if it doesn't "rattle the windows".