Question for Merlin VSM/ARS Sonum owners

Hi all,
What did you have (preamp/amp) before convert to one piece Filarmonia ?
Is this Filarmonia sound that good with VSM?
I currently run my VSM-MXe with Cary SLP-05 with Cary CAD-120S (both are Stereophile Class A rated if that matter) - My CD player is Cary 306-200 - Using Cardas Golden Ref balanced cable thru out system.
Wonderful sounding in short -
Now I have a thought of trying Filarmonia to save some rack space (1 vs 3), cable, and $$ as well
I would like to know what you have before ARS Sonum and your comments
TIA
Thuan
128x128thuan98
Thanks for the input, Bobby. It would be silly for me to make any moves until the new babies arrive and I've had some time to get familiar with them, anyway.
right you are...
and with the mx-rs and the master bam and master rc's you will prefer what you have anyway. again, imho.
b
Mr. T
Best place for 12Ax7/6922 tubes is Brent Jessee (google it)
Like I said, spent $150 just to know your amp limit is cheap compare to buy a pair of CGR IC - If you don't like them, unload them here.
I do like my result - PS: my Filar SE is 2007 production. It's getting better and better every day :-)
And remember: a dollar spent on room tune worth more than $10 spent on equipment :-)
Happy listening
Bobby and the designer both make the claim that the Jan Phillips is the best NOS in the ARS, any reason to doubt their claim? Well as has been said, at least spend some time with the supplied tubes before jumping on the tube rolling trail.
I took Bobby advice to go back to Filar's original tubes, live with them for a month. Then I roll back with Amperex Bugle and PQ - I still prefer the Amperex sounding.
Like playing LP, you live with minor hum, click, pop but the analog sound is so rich compare to digital that people just forgive.