Magnepan's new LRS?

A brief blurb in Stereophile online (by Herb Reichert reporting from AXPONA 2019) gave accolades to Magnepan's new LRS. The local authorized dealer is not carrying it for unclear reasons (at least, the decision to not offer that model wasn't explained to me when I asked directly about it). Have any Forum readers had an opportunity to audition these and, if so, what's your opinion?
Thanks,Keith
kacomess
There is also a write-up over at the Planar Speaker Asylum by both show attendants and one owner of the very-new LRS.
I heard them at the show and they were mind blowing. One of the best sounds at the show and only $650? People were walking out of that room with smiles.

Herb Reichert’s enthusiastic reaction was typical. Here’s another I just saw:

https://theaudiobeatnik.com/magnepan-lrs-the-most-exciting-speakers-at-axpona/

Anyway, it’s about the size of the old MMG, but it’s miles beyond it in quality. The best imaging I heard at the show, and stat-like clarity and uniformity. It had a lot of punch as well, though like the MMG this isn’t a big speaker -- it’s not going to work in big rooms without a sub, and its bass response doesn’t go much below 50 Hz. It plays loud but it isn’t going to give you the 110 dB of a big Maggie, never mind the 120 of a Wilson. Magnepan considers it an "appetizer" -- they sell it near cost, knowing that a certain percentage of people who buy it will fall in love with the sound and move up to their larger models.

BTW, the reason the dealer isn’t carrying it is probably because they don’t make much money selling it. As I said, it’s intended as a promotion -- the dealer will then sell you a bigger one if you decide you want more output and deeper bass (or the true ribbon when you get to the 3.7 and above). With the MMG program, they used to credit you the cost of the MMG if you upgraded to a larger model within a certain time -- not sure if they’re doing it with the LRS, but its commercial purpose is to let people sample what the larger Maggies can do.

One difference from the old MMG -- the MMG was designed to work with cheap receivers, but the LRS requires a high current amp since the impedance drops below 4 ohms. That allowed them to eliminate compromises in performance. Steve Guttenberg suggested the Schiit Vidar as a low-cost amp for it, though it's good enough so that it will sound better with a better amp (he go the best results from a Pass).
Love it !
lots of whiners about high end $$$$
lets all celebrate the made in USA miracle!!!!

i think I will order a pair on principle