Carver Amazing Line Source Speakers

Since I now own the Carver Raven 350 amps, I have become very interested in the Carver Amazing Line Source speakers. But I have not been able to actually hear them.
Can anyone who has heard them comment as to the sound quality?

Thank you
ozzy
128x128ozzy
I just noticed a pair for sale on Audiogon for a very reasonable price.

ozzy
Did anyone hear these at Axpona?  I wanted to but never got up there and skipped Sunday due to the snow.

Ozzy what happened with your ALS?
I heard them at AXPONA and I thought they sounded great playing some fusion jazz but that's the only thing I heard on them.  I did NOT hear them on classical orchestral music which is a great test for all systems and speakers.  Of course you have to be familiar with what orchestras sound like in person or it will all be lost on you.  They sounded great during the brief audition I had on the type of music they were playing.
pwhinson,

I ended up trading in the Carvers towards Focal Sopra’s (lost quite a bit $). The Carvers just seemed to need too much power. Also there was a upper midrange/lower treble glare. As I tested them it was at about 6K-10khz. I really had high hopes for the speakers based on how much I like the amps.

I heard them at AXPONA. I noticed the crossovers were set at max for bass but the minimum for treble, probably due to the glare I described. The sound was just ok, but they did not play any music with any dynamics, and the presenter (Frank) talked wayyy too much.

ozzy