High Efficiency Speakers Your top 3 or more

Not taking cost or musical preferences into account what are the top 3 high efficiency speakers you've ever heard, overall?
mmike84
haha, tastes differ so much. I have the Zu Def. 2s and wouldn't trade them for anything on the basis of sound quality. On the other hand, I have a friend with a dearer system than mine based on big Coincidents which I simply can't stand. The bass alignment is just wrong.

The Defs DEFINITELY can fill a big room on In Rainbows, in their sleep, on a small amp. Like a 45. I don't consider them rocker speakers though, it's weird. While they sound 'good' with any competent gear, they have a 'great' level which takes a fair bit of tweaking to attain.
Any of the 3 Oswalds Mills Horn speakers, KCS Loudspeaker - Sea Exotic/Raal ribbin(i own) & Serious Stereo Altec horn.
The Zu series of speakers are very efficient and easy to drive--plus they give tremdous value.

The Devore line of speakers, while not as efficient as the Zu's are incredibly easy to drive with low-powered tube amps and sound wonderful. The are probably my favorite line of speakers and all of them at their various price levels give incredible sound.

Greg
03-30-10: Mapman
If somebody can show me a SET based system that can deliver Radiohead's "In Rainbows" with the authority and rock solid iron grip in the low end that I hear currently in my system running the (not so) big Bel Canto Class Ds, in a typcial sized listening room, I will be gladly convinced.

Hi Mapman, my Parmenter Fat Boy horn speakers (using TAD professional drivers) with either the Lamm ML2.1 now ML 2.2 or my Parmenter GM-70 SET amplifiers plays all types of music with authority. Shapeshifter, Pitchblack & Salmonella Dub really sound wonderful on this system, not a big Radiohead Fan sorry.