Cassette tape

I’m slowly but surely getting back into the analog thing via TT and Reel to Reel. We can all pretty much agree vinyl is different. Some people love it, some say it’s ok, some hate it and I say I like it because it’s differemt than digital. R2R is pretty awesome as well. In my opinion, it’s different and I like what I hear. But, what’s the thought on cassettes. Is there any usefulness? Think it'll make a comeback as well? Just curious. I have a chance at fantastic deal on a Nakamichi BX-300 deck. I owned one many years ago and besides the next level Dragon, this thing was pretty sweet. I like to get input from the forum and other thoughts before I indulge. 
128x128luvrockin
Post removed 
@riley804 Well that works for you and that’s great! This works for me. Thanks for your valuable input.
Well since nostalgia seems to be a factor why not just go The Full Monty and get an 8-track? ;)
"Is there any usefulness?"

That's an odd question.

What's "useful" about a cassette?  Other than novelty to possibly relive your youth, more clutter the wife will complain about.

What do plan on doing with a cassette? Transfer a record, then play in your car? I wasn't aware one can still get a TDK or Maxell at the drug store.

Does anyone have a functioning cassette deck in their car?

Go with the table, and R2R if you feel so indulgent. R2R is very cool, but are you willing to shell out the dough for albums? Also, the inevitable repair bill? 

A table based system is already a ridiculous method to listen to music in this day and age,  even though I haven't stopped since the 70's.

Cassette at this point seems like pure nostalgia, and nothing else.
Perhaps it's the tape hiss between cuts? Oh, forgot...Dolby feature eliminates that(snicker)

Cassettes are great. They should bring them back. Low noise, high dynamic range, musical and full range. What other medium can you say that about? Tape is a natural medium. It breathes.