Song (or music) you want played at your funeral.

This is a variation on the "Favorite song" (or Classical composition) choice, as this title should in some way be related to mortality. Can you tell I'm approaching the end of mine? For me the choice is obvious; imo one of the three greatest songs I've ever heard (the other two being "What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted" and "No Time To Cry"): "God Only Knows", music by Brian Wilson, lyrics by Tony Asher, recorded by The Beach Boys in 1965. Light years above what anyone else in Pop music (or even Classical and Jazz) was doing at the time (or has done since), including The gd Beatles.
128x128bdp24

I didn’t intend the mention of funeral or mortality to be taken negatively! While "God Only Knows" brings me to tears, they are tears of joy. Hearing it fills me with love, and closer to God. I consider what comes next as a reprieve from this life. Aren’t we already in Purgatory? ;-)

@slaw, great nominee in the Jackson Browne song. I LOVE the chord he goes to after the first verse has ended. Where in Hell did THAT come from? Jackson doesn’t get enough credit as a great, great songwriter (good singer too).

Another good (not great) theme-related Brian Wilson song is "Til I Die", on the Beach Boys Surf’s Up album.

@bdp24

Not convinced entirely that we are in Purgatory yet.

However I believe the next generation are or well on the way......
Yes, Annie Haslam-Going Home and Ray Thomas-The last Dream.
And if I decide to get some people in a better mood Ted Nugent-Stranglehold

Just too bad I won’t be able to hear it 😕